Friday, August 20, 2010

Home...For Now

We got home on Wednesday! The trip was amazing and I'm so thankful that we made the decision to go. Africa was never on my top 10 list, actually probably wouldn't have even made the top 20, but it was wonderful. Totally a trip that everyone should try to take at least once. I don't really consider myself someone who gets excited about seeing animals, but there is something so cool about seeing all those animals in their natural habitat. Plus, it's absolutely beautiful there.
It was also the first time that Thad and I had gone away together and left Harper for more than a weekend. It was good for us. We need to make a concious effort to go somewhere at least once a year. I had lots of anxiety over how I was going to do without him. I had no concerns on how he'd do without us. I knew he would be happy as a clam with his grandparents. I actually did really good, though. Sure, I missed him, but I was really fine. We kept so busy for most of the trip that I really didn't have much time to think about how much I was missing him. Our last 2 days allowed for a lot more free time and so that paired with the fact that it had been a LONG time since I'd seen him made me really start missing him. I was definitely ready to get on that plane and come home. I was giddy with excitement as we were landing in KC. He was a little mad at us, but quickly warmed up and forgave us. I took the day off on Thursday to spend snuggling and loving on him and it was exactly what we both needed.
Now I have to leave again tomorrow for a work trip to Indianapolis. I'll be back early Sunday night, so it's a quick trip. I still hate that I'm leaving him again so soon, though. Oh well, such is life I guess.
On another note, Harper has realized his deep passion for the show Yo Gabba Gabba. One might say he is obsessed. He is asking us to turn it on all the time. Yesterday we had to leave a friend's house because she didn't have Yo Gabba available On Demand and he wouldn't let it drop. Oh my. Let's hope this is a phase and it passes quickly. I never thought I'd be watching this crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment