Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ugh...

So this past week has been a rough one. Avery had her scans last week and they found that her cancer has returned and we don't have much time left with her. It's heartbreaking. And infuriating. And sickening. And scary. And horrific. And I could go on and go. This is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy and instead I'm having to watch it happen to my best friend. The girl I would do anything for, I suddenly CAN'T do anything for. There is nothing I can do to make this better or take the pain away and it's killing me. I want to have the answers. I want to know what to say. But I don't. And I'm not going to. So, I'm just going to fumble my way through this one and try to be the best friend I can be. Try to support her and her husband and their families. I'm going to love on that little girl as much as I can. And I'm going to pray and I'm going ask everyone I know to pray. That's all I know for sure how to do.
The bright spot in this past week was our trip to Iowa for the weekend. We went to my parents' house to celebrate my mom's birthday. It had been far too long since we'd spent a weekend up there and it was good for my soul. I swear, no matter how old you get, when life gets hard, your mommy always has a way of making it better. We had dinner as a family on Friday night at a Japanese steak house and I've decided that's the way to go with a 2 year old. He was thoroughly entertained the entire time and behaved like a perfect little angel. And he ate more zucchini than I've ever seen anyone eat. What more can a mom ask for? Saturday I had a girls day with my mom and sister-in-law and we had a great time! Lunch, shopping, and pedicures...3 of my favorite things!
Well...I suppose it's bedtime. And I have a lot of praying to do before I go to sleep so I best get going.

No comments:

Post a Comment