Monday, January 3, 2011

2011

It's really 2011. It's so hard to believe. This past year has gone so incredibly fast. It's been the best year and the worst all at the same time. Harper has been amazing. Being his mom is so much fun. In the last 6 months he's hit some pretty big milestones. He's speaking in full sentences and his sense of humor is hysterical. He makes me laugh all the time. He has moved out of his crib and his nursery into his new room with a big boy bed. Of course, he did this with zero hiccups. Which may or may not mean that I waited until he was beyond ready. Or maybe I did it at just the right time. Who knows. Either way, he loves his big boy bed and the only tears that were shed were by me. It makes me sad that we no longer have nursery in our home. Guess that means we'll have to make having another baby in 2011 a top priority! Harper is also doing a great job with potty training. Of course there have been some frustrating moments and no one prepares parents that the process of potty training will mean spending A LOT of time in the bathroom. It will be so worth it, though, when he's 100% trained. He's also really started to use his imagination. It's coming out in his playtime and it's just so cute. Last week he made me "dinner" and set the table with his little plates and fake chicken and we "ate" together. THESE are the moments that we parents live for. Now we just need to focus on breaking him of the binkie habit. I know, I know. He's 2 1/2 and still has a binkie. There is no excuse for it other than I haven't wanted to take it away. It's the last little shred of baby I have left.
This year has been rough because I've watched my dear friends and their little girl fight the fight of their lives this year. It's been heartbreaking, depressing, inspiring and thrilling all at the same time. It's really been a roller coaster. Terrible news, wonderful news, greats news, devastating news, and we're beginning 2011 on a hopeful note. I believe in miracles and I believe that Avery is going to get her miracle. I just feel it in my heart. And we'll keep praying for it and believing in it and waiting for it to come.
So come on 2011...bring it on. I know it's going to be great. And if it's not, I've learned that we can handle pretty much anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment